Current Job Opportunities at the
Tommy Douglas Conference Center
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager and General Manager
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Department: Guest Services
Education, Certification and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in hospitality industry
- Previous guest relations training
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with the public and other employees
- Knowledge of proper handling of cleaning chemicals
Job Summary: (Essential Functions) Clean and maintain all guest rooms, ensuring TDCC’s standards of cleanliness
- Clean guest rooms and other areas according to TDCC standards and procedures
- Change linens in guest rooms according to TDCC standards and procedures
- Acquire working knowledge of TDCC facilities to respond to guest questions in this area as required
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all challenges or unusual matter of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt, corrective action can be taken when appropriate
- Communicate all maintenance or other issues to the Executive Housekeeper or General Manager
- Maintain the proper equipment and in working order to clean: cart, vacuum, linen, terry, spray bottles, cleaning clothes, amenities, brooms, brushes, and cleaning supplies
- Must maintain or assist in the cleanliness of the TDCC
- Acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day, and maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Greet guests and make them feel welcome in the TDCC
- Comply with all safety standards and procedures
- Comply with all service standards and procedures of the TDCC
- Attend all designated department and TDCC meetings
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Licenses and Special Requirements:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch, twist, reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, around fumes and/or hazards, around dust and/or mite hazards, around chemicals and bio-hazards
The Amalgamated Transit Union - Training and Education Center (ATU-TEC)/Tommy Douglas Conference Center (TDCC) is an equal opportunity employer that makes decisions without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability status, veteran status, genetic status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law. In the event that you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify the person distributing or accepting this application.