Current Job Opportunities at the
Tommy Douglas Conference Center
night Auditor (Front Desk Clerk)
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Supervises: There are no supervisory duties in this Job Classification.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Hospitality or Business.
- One year of experience as night auditor in lodging operation.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectation
- Check-in and check-out guests using TDCC’s property management system.
- Assist hotel guests with assistance as needed during their stay.
- Compile, balance and review financial accounts on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions) Direct front-desk operations from midnight until 8:00 a.m. and logs and reconciles all charges from the previous day.
- Receives and records guests’ payments.
- Completes postings of all charges to guest folios.
- Reconciles revenues with PMS revenue reports.
- Performs all front-desk responsibilities between midnight and 8:00 a.m.
- Prepares manager’s daily report for the General Manager’s review.
- Process guest check-ins: confirm reservations, assign room and issue room keys.
- Process all allowable types of payments.
- Process all check-outs and resolve disputed charges.
- Coordinate with housekeeping regarding ready rooms.
- Answer all telephone calls promptly and courteously.
- Follow established key control and guest security requirements.
- Assist guests with safety deposit boxes.
- Complete lost and found reports.
- Manage daily shift bank.
- Verify guests’ credit limit report.
- Monitor room availability.
- Prepares various daily activity reports including:
- Arrivals and departures;
- Revenue reports;
- Food and beverage sales charge reports
- Other income-producing department reports including closing report.
- Coordinate guests’ requirements with other TDCC departments.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Front Office Manager.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.
The Amalgamated Transit Union - Training and Education Center (ATU-TEC)/Tommy Douglas Conference Center (TDCC) is an equal opportunity employer that makes decisions without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability status, veteran status, genetic status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law. In the event that you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify the person distributing or accepting this application.