Current Job Opportunities at the
Tommy Douglas Conference Center
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Supervises: There are no supervisory duties in this Job Classification.
Department: Food and Beverage
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year experience in hospitality industry
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectation
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times
- Communicate well with guests
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player
Job Summary (Essential Functions) Set up and break down banquet, conference rooms and other spaces for event functions.
- Setting the event according to the BEO instructions including A/V requests
- Report any maintenance issues while setting so they can be corrected prior to the event
- Break down room set and/or reset room as directed or store equipment, and clean room/area as directed
- During course of setup or breakdown, maintain proper care of equipment, do not cause damage to doors, walls, doorways or flooring
- Utilize proper ergonomics when setting or breaking down, ask for assistance when necessary
- Conduct quality check on condition of tables, chairs and linens while setting the room
- Conduct equipment inventory when needed
- Assist Banquet Servers as instructed by the Banquet Captain or other supervisor
- Will perform as cashier when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Current BEST or equivalent certificate in alcohol awareness.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 100 pounds on a continuous schedule.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
The Amalgamated Transit Union - Training and Education Center (ATU-TEC)/Tommy Douglas Conference Center (TDCC) is an equal opportunity employer that makes decisions without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability status, veteran status, genetic status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law. In the event that you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify the person distributing or accepting this application.