Current Job Opportunities at the
Tommy Douglas Conference Center
information technology Manager
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of eight years of experience gained through increasingly responsible management and technical positions within Informational Technology.
- Project management experience required.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectation
- Must possess a strong technical base.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Experience with resort/hotel property management systems a plus.
- Familiarity with workstation and database networking operations.
- Ensures confidentiality and reliability of TDCC data and proprietary information.
- Knowledge and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions) Responsible for the installation and updating of the TDCC’s computer hardware and software and the maintenance and operation of its network infrastructure and website. Assist the A/V department with install and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains the various computer systems and software packages used by the TDCC.
- Familiarize with TDCC’s website and property’s phone and cable system.
- Manages the transition from one computer system to a next generation system.
- Works with department heads to assess computer hardware and software requirements.
- Maintains the telephone system.
- Works with various consultants on security access issues.
- Meets with direct supervisor and General Manager to formulate information technology strategies, communicate problems and solutions and share related information.
- Conducts basic computer training for employees when needed.
- Documents all system processes, procedures and operations and maintains up-to-date system operations manuals.
- Prepares annual budget for information technology operations.
- Ensures that all data and programs are regularly backed-up.
- Performs preventive maintenance on computer hardware.
- Makes simple repairs on computer hardware or sends equipment out for repair.
- Serves as a “help desk” for Microsoft Office, Accounting software, and other applications.
- Troubleshoots application software malfunctions and deals with software company’s technical support personnel to resolve malfunctions.
- Adds new users to Windows Server, Exchange Mail Server and Accounting software.
- Coordinates with software vendors to implement and integrate software modules.
- Attends internal department and staff meetings.
- Maintains an updated system for network security including firewalls.
- Performs other appropriate tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Licenses and Special Requirements
Certified Technology Professional
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.
The Amalgamated Transit Union - Training and Education Center (ATU-TEC)/Tommy Douglas Conference Center (TDCC) is an equal opportunity employer that makes decisions without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability status, veteran status, genetic status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law. In the event that you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify the person distributing or accepting this application.