Current Job Opportunities at the
Tommy Douglas Conference Center
conference and event sales Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Job Summary (Essential Functions) The Events & Conference Sales Manager’s main objective is to generate income from events and conferences. The Events and Conference Sales Manager plays a crucial role in the success of the Tommy Douglas Conference Center.
The ideal candidate will display a passion for the hospitality industry and have a strong track record in sales with a solid background in event delivery and logistics. They will be proactive, hardworking and able to work under their own initiative. With a strong commercial mind, they must be able to identify opportunities for revenue growth and then strategically plan to deliver on these opportunities.
In this multifaceted role (involving sales strategy, financial planning and forecasting, marketing and communications and operational delivery) the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills and display a high level of organizational and project management ability.
To achieve sales targets and expand the business
- Respond to sales inquiries and process room bookings
- Proactively sell the venue to new clients
- Proactive account management of existing clients to grow revenue
- Actively seek and support marketing opportunities for the venue
- Supervise inquiry handling process to ensure effective conversion rate
- Successful event coordination/delivery to consistently high standards
- Supervise event planning and delivery with overall responsibility
- Work closely with the internal F&B operation
- Collaborate with other departments and operational staff to ensure a high quality of event delivery
- Liaise with the facilities team to ensure that all rooms are serviced and set up ready to the client’s specification
- Analyze sales activity to inform business decisions
- Contribute to budgeting process
- Management of client contracts and paperwork
- Coordinate the invoicing process to ensure that payments are properly processed
- Input to and keep up-to-date the database of clients and prospective clients to maintain a reliable database
- Monitor and regularly review competitors to ensure that the TDCC remains competitive as a conference and events venue
- Understanding and supporting the vision, mission and aims of the TDCC
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to handle hot and cold interior and outdoor conditions.
- Independent mobility throughout the clubhouse.
The Amalgamated Transit Union - Training and Education Center (ATU-TEC)/Tommy Douglas Conference Center (TDCC) is an equal opportunity employer that makes decisions without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability status, veteran status, genetic status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law. In the event that you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify the person distributing or accepting this application.